Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Seen it all now...dang Kids ....plenty pics

3rd post for me......bare with me as I try to post and put this together. I think you will find this interesting and if you been wheelin long...you should be able to relate.

It starts out Sat.......15 yr old son calls....Dad I need to use the yota to go pull out a friends Side by Side. Normally I let him pull folks out by himself with the winch or what ever. He has been able to do this for a couple of years and I dont worry about him. Anyway, due to cabin fever I said no, but I will go with you and do it. It was only a mile or so from the house and we set off on a almost 24 hour journey.

What they failed to tell me when I barely made it back a mile in a water covered swamp, was that therer was also a Kubota Tractor ( Fronte End Loader and Bush Hog) stuck between me and the side by side.

I start winching on the the tractor. We chain my truck and successfully pull over 5 trees that were about 30 inches around. Finally get into a thicket to get a big enough tree. All the while I had to turn around and pass throught this horrible muck several times. We get Tractor out and like to have never negotiated getting turned around and sqeezing by one another to get pointed out of this thicket/swamp. We decide to leave the side by side for another time. We were counting our blessings that we were both on top of terrible ground and we sort of had a mini celebration that we were both pointed the right direction and we were headed back out. Something to be happy about right? We made it in we should make it out.

Oh no, after a couple of hours and a false mini celebration we started back out. I was first to go to the axles with in 15 feet. Winch out turn around ...tractor stuck again, truck stuck again....turn around....stuck again, stuck again, yada yada yada.......Several times ran winch cable to last 5-8 wraps, chains and extra stuff to barely reach winch points....hours of letting winch cool, almost giving up and tireless work between myself and 4 teenagers. I got the Yota across the final creek and turned around and stretched as far as we could to the Kubota and had to give up there. Between the winch getting hot and the tractor using his bucket and causing a huge shock load on my winch , the winch finally quite pulling. I came home and returned this morning to help and the Pictures will show what what has transpired since.

We left the two tractors in the pictures there. I have personally never seen a tractor that big stuck. Now comes the $$$$$$......the poor kid that started all this is in hot water, I cant say on this forum what His dad said when the big tractor hit its axles.

This trail to the left of the Tractor, we were up that 1/8 of mile. This is where I left the tractor.
    20a.jpg

My Truck and Tractor that just was pulled out.
    10a.jpg

This tractor showed up to save the day. And So far so good.....looks like everone is a few minutes from getting to go home.
    15a.jpg

I am going to post this now and make sure I am loading pictures correctly. If it works, I will post rest in next lines.
    Last edited by Ole Red; 12-08-2013 at 04:19 PM.

OK......the rest of the Pics and story line.

Well things aren't looking to good......
    4a.jpg

Big Tractor 8 Wheels, down too........long picture and may be hard to see, its done....
    .5a.jpg

Wrong Picture......Now its done.
    7a.jpg

That is dad in the picture who in a minute turns around to us and sings his praises of the what his teenage son has caused by getting a side by side stuck. By the way the first tractor that I worked with last night was Grand Ma's.......she was none to happy. It is still there and the tire is off the rim too.

Me and the other only "survivor" out on the main road and heading home.
    9a.jpg

A couple of pics after getting home.........never been so happy to get home. Oh, and I did not get any pics of last night because I left my phone at home. Thought I would only be gone a few minutes.
    8a.jpg
    19a.jpg

A little water in the floor board on a couple of occassions.
    16a.jpg

This is how Ole Red looked before I left......
    248.jpg

Anyway, I pretty sure you folks can relate to a situation like this and I hope you found it interesting.

Contributing Members fordman1920032003's Avatar
    thats some nasty mud.

Double Wells, Arkansas...Just Southwest of Pine Bluff..
    Yes I can for sure relate to that kind of mess. Lol nice of you to go out and help. Dang good thing you went with your son or there would be two mad Dads. Lol

Wow. I wanna know what the dad said lol. Glad you was able to get out and get home.
    I've been to the mountain top and seen the other side. It sucks too!

Ha ha ha !! I've been there! Recently. My winch is still not ready to go.

I don't think I can make it. Hollywood's Avatar
    I can only imagine what my dad would have said! Lol
    The artist formerly known as Rock Jeep.

My winch is broke down too, lol. Works, but is weak.
    I've been to the mountain top and seen the other side. It sucks too!

Double Wells, Arkansas...Just Southwest of Pine Bluff..
    I need to put a winch on the Blue YJ and the new to us TJ just so I can avoid this scenario.......lol Then again, It might do me like it did him and get me hours and hours of fun at the cause of someone else.

Sometimes I think their should be two optional stickers with winches.......I am willing to play wrecker and I am NOT willing to play wrecker...lol

I've done a bunch of pulling with mine but it's no where near what it used to be.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast