Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, had the conversation with the wife and son last night. I am going to come up with some across the board stance. All the young guys know they can call my son and have been for a couple of years. Last spring while I was out of town, my rear bumper was torn from the frame. It is always big 3/4 tons or big trucks. We have never ask for anything and no one (young folks) ever offers. I kind of hope the winch is done in way that way I can say no. I would settle for an offer to come wash the rig the next day.......not really wanting money. I will most likely continue to do it or let him. Everytime I get to thinking this, I always think back to when I was a teeneager ( no cell phones) walking miles (usually on a school night) and just praying someone would come along and help. Usually an older person that had that shit together helped me. I cant forget those times and I feel like I am somehow paying those folks back by helping now.

Thats my thoughts on the issue......somehow we are going to cut this back and just not sure how?

When I had my K5, I used to tell people to give me enough money to at least fill my gas tank after I pulled them out. Most were cool with that.
    I've been to the mountain top and seen the other side. It sucks too!

Double Wells, Arkansas...Just Southwest of Pine Bluff..
    I have always done it for free also. However, when it's the same people over and over because they know that you will come help and not expect anything, then I agree you should start hitting them in the pocket book but I'm betting something as simple as saying I'll see you tomorrow for a truck wash would get them to avoid you because they usually won't show. That way it's not your fault it's all on them.

You know the old saying if you let someone borrow 20.00 and you never see them again it's worth it. Lol

I help out when I can. It's just my nature. Although I always live by the rule: never expect a favor from someone you did a favor for.

Yeah Hobie, I am sure we will continue....the bumper deal last year and the severity of the last one just gets you to start reconsidering. On this subject....this was a week ago...high schooler my son didn't even know....somehow got his number.......1/2 ton 4door...on the axles.... Kid by himself, no passenger, no other vehicle, on a dead end road close to our house, in a hay field, and did not know the owner of the field. I started to ask why or what are you doing here........ Me, having a 15 yr old son, I know there would not be any good answers. That was an easy one and he did not get it very muddy. Had to use snatch block and tie a F150 to back of Yota to get the Chevy on top.
    222.jpg

Contributing Members Drunknlizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Red View Post
    Yeah Hobie, I am sure we will continue....the bumper deal last year and the severity of the last one just gets you to start reconsidering. On this subject....this was a week ago...high schooler my son didn't even know....somehow got his number.......1/2 ton 4door...on the axles.... Kid by himself, no passenger, no other vehicle, on a dead end road close to our house, in a hay field, and did not know the owner of the field. I started to ask why or what are you doing here........ Me, having a 15 yr old son, I know there would not be any good answers. That was an easy one and he did not get it very muddy. Had to use snatch block and tie a F150 to back of Yota to get the Chevy on top.
    222.jpg
    If we all posted all the crazy adventures we did at night when we were young, im sure one of us would have a story of being stuck in a feild and not knowing whose it was!! Or other trespassing of property for the joy of offroading!!
    I just squat down in the floor, wrap my arms around my legs and just lean forward........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............Cause that's how I roll !!!!!!!!!!!!

In Loving Memory of my Girlfriend Laura!!!. 04/09/2012. I will always LOVE YOU and I will never forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunknlizard View Post
    If we all posted all the crazy adventures we did at night when we were young, im sure one of us would have a story of being stuck in a feild and not knowing whose it was!! Or other trespassing of property for the joy of offroading!!
    Nope....

Where abouts do you live? I know you said in Cabot but this (stuck) truck looks familiar. Plus I may need a pull out sometime. Ha ha ha

Contributing Members Drunknlizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    nope....
    im calling bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just squat down in the floor, wrap my arms around my legs and just lean forward........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............Cause that's how I roll !!!!!!!!!!!!

In Loving Memory of my Girlfriend Laura!!!. 04/09/2012. I will always LOVE YOU and I will never forget you.

Hobie, Out Mt. Tabor and Sand Hill Rd area....and you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast